This position encompasses the responsibilities of purchasing and customer support. The position generates and maintains purchase orders with other Ferrotec facilities to support the needs of the customer. Duties include buying material and components in compliance with company policy, applicable federal laws or regulations. In addition, this position will communicate regularly with specific customers. This positions will review customer purchase orders, enter/maintain orders in the company operating system and in accordance with J-Sox compliance.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Supply Chain Management
- Responsible for planning and procurement to Ferrotec and non-Ferrotec Suppliers of critical materials, components, equipment, and services; and for the management of the resulting customer/supplier relationships.
- Approves and qualifies suppliers consistent with the Supplier Qualification Process.
- Interfaces with and provides information to Planning, Manufacturing, QC, Engineering, and Sales personnel as required.
- Assists Purchasing management in the training of other department members as back up and in professional development.
- Enters purchase orders to appropriate Ferrotec facilities in support of customer requirements. Follows-up to make sure that we maintain "on-time delivery status" safeguarding the customers' delivery requirements.
- Initiates outside work order processes as needed.
- Processes and audits (price, quantity, shipping details, etc.) "dummy" packing lists as required.
- Reviews week backlog report and follow-ups on any "late" or potentially late orders as necessary.
- Works with traffic to coordinate shipments as necessary.
- Works with QC to process, track and issue R/A's and associated credit memos.
- May require travel to visit Supply Base/Main Manufacturer(FTH)
- Customer Support
- Answers requests from customers and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for processing sales orders, bookings, releases and shipments for assigned customers in Oracle.
- Participates in any required meetings with the customer to discuss scheduling and commercial issues.
- Obtains and distributes customer forecasts to the appropriate Ferrotec Groups. (FTC, FTH, FTU).
- Reviews customer backlog report, follows-up on ship schedules with the factory, and modifies change orders as needed with production.
- Processes, tracks and issues R/A'S and associated credit memos as needed.
- Maintains customer files/filing as required by company.
- Participates with other customer service representatives to audit order entry in compliance with J-Sox requirements
- Serves as backup for the sales staff and management when out of the office.
- Prepares support information to sales and management as needed.
- May require visiting assigned Customers.
- May request to assist sales to process quotation including downloading documents from customer portal, filing documents, registering product information in CRM database/ERP system, and sending formal quotation to Ferrotec and non-Ferrotec Suppliers
- May request to assist sales to analyze RFQ using log data.
- May process ECR's/ECO's as required.
- Works with document control to have new part numbers added to the system.
- May require international communications across various time zones.
- Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 0-2 years' experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Excel especially), MRP software, BOM structure.
- Must be organized and have excellent written and verbal communications skills.